Friday, March 9, 2007

Small Things...


My best friend recently reminded me of a famous quote I had once loved but had almost forgotten altogether: "There are no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa.

It is so easy to get wrapped up in life's questions of self purpose, influence, and success. There is not a day that has gone by recently where I have not sat on the couch, looked around me, and asked those familiar questions. Is what I do going to make a difference in the world? Does it matter? Is there a purpose for me on this earth? With so many things still wrong on this planet we call home, how can I truly help make this place a better place to live. Hmmm...

Kind of a selfish way of thinking when you remember Mother Teresa's quote. Everything we do everyday matters if we do it with 'great love'.

Do what you can...everyday...with great love, no matter how small.

So my act of great love to any random readers is the following bit of advice from a girl that used to sell bathing suits to ridiculously rich women in an upscale boutique in Corolla, NC. Where I live bathing suits have already hit the stores, and you know this not by browsing through the stores, but by the look of defeat and depression that have rested on most women's faces. I hate that something as wonderful and simple as enjoying the water becomes a source of guilt and depression for women. SO TO MY FELLOW WOMEN:

Never, ever try on bathing suits in a store. Always order them from on-line, or buy them and take them home to try on....and only try them on after having at least 3 glasses of wine and while on the phone with your best girl friend.

No comments: