Friday, February 9, 2007

In the beginning

I never thought I would be a 'blogger'. Up until this point I would call myself a 'blog wannabe'. I spend an inordinate amount of time, of which I do not have much to spare, religously reading other people's blogs. In fact, I have become so personally involved with a few of my regulars that by the time I have made my daily reading rounds, I feel as if I have had coffee with my closest friends. Of course, these faux friends have no idea I am stalking them via thier blog as I am too chicken to leave any comment.

Now, here I am, the author of my own collection of personal, yet now public, musings. As a perpetual rule follower, I feel like I should state the intent and purpose of this little blog as one would when writing an essay for a college literature course. So, here goes. I am the world's biggest worrier! If I don't have anything to worry about, I create one. We are not talking about world concerns here, however those sometimes creep into my overall worry menagerie. My main focus tends to be on my children, my ability to parent my children, how others measure me up, and, in general, many things, most of which, I truly cannot change.

You would think armed with this knowledge of my weaknesses I would be able to tackle the endless worry and move on. Wrong! I suck at it. I worse than suck at it. I am pathetic. Everyone in my life knows that no matter how hard I try, I cannot stop myself from over analyzing almost every daily situation.

Ahem. So, back to the purpose and intent of this blog. I hope that this blog provides some humor and catharsis for me, and a break for my friends and family. They can only take so much.

Here's to a new beginning...

No comments: