Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a Rolls.


Yesterday was a banner day for me and my son. I am only recording this as I have a tendency to focus on the negative, so what better way to remind myself of the positive than to record it here.

Lately, my eldest son, Cole, and I have really butted heads about everything from rules of sharing to how to spell certain car makes and models. (My four year old is a bit of a car buff and can stop most adults in thier tracks with his knowledge, however I do believe that I am the better speller.) Anyway, yesterday we had a day where the stars were aligned and fun was had by all. We worked on counting skills, had a scavenger hunt, pretended to be ambulance drivers, and acted out Wheel of Fortune.

The last activity had me belly laughing as Cole has really nailed the nuances of Pat Sajak's insincere attempts at empathy for those that have lost a turn or the like. He also has perfected the reaction of most winners, which if you are at all familiar with any game show is usually a bit over the top. Cole's priorities are a bit whacked as he only thinks a winner is a winner if they happen to win a car. Any old car will do. Money, on the other hand, is no biggie.

Yesterday, I made it to the final round, and Cole had me pick my card from the wheel of prizes. (See picture above.) I picked my card and handed the card to my son, (aka the faux Pat). He cocked his head in a gesture of pity, and proceeded to tell me, "I'm sorry Ms. Mommy, you won fifty million thirty dollars." I was pretty psyched, and started to do my best crazy winner impression. Cole shook his head and corrected me, "You should be sad. You coulda won a Silver Ghost Rolls Royce." Oh, silly me...

1 comment:

Al-ass said...

Man! I had a wonderful message to you and then had to register. Lost everything I said. But, just wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts and day to day events. What a joy to read. And, I know your family and what the word family means to all. You are a wonderful mother!! And, yes, boys are harder than girls. Believe me, I know. Please keep your words coming.
Thank you!!