Thursday, March 27, 2008

Epiphanies: The End



I promise this is the end of the weekend recount, but it really was very poignant.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

After church, I went out on the patio to read. It was really too nice of a day to not be outside. In the midst of a chapter of my book entitled "Corn Sex" my bestest friend in the whole world, Megs, called. I know, 'bestest' sounds so childish, so pre-teen, so ridiculous, but I have known my true friend since we were all of those very things and ,in some ways, still are. She called to tell me she is coming to visit. She who hates to travel and hates planes even more is travelling from Michigan to see little ole' me. (I am pretending that the our nice weather and the fact she has Seasonal Anxiety Disorder has nothing to do with it.) She's coming!!!!! I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders and I immediately got a shot of energy because I was overjoyed knowing that she would be here in a week. Seven short days. She even built a day into her vacation to allow me to be grumpy that she is leaving (a problem I have but a needed safety mechanism so that I can deal with saying goodbye to those that I love.)

Epiphany #5: I need her, and I am okay with admitting this....I need her because I love being a girl. I love having a good girlfriend that knows you so well that even when you are trying to hide your inner thoughts they are there for her to read like frequently followed directions. It is imperative that I have girlie time doing pedicures, talking about the latest crazy fashion fads that we would never be caught dead in, drinking gin and tonics, re-living old memories, and discussing the similarities in the new memories. I need good and true women in my life...they help to revitalize me. They help to show me the way gracefully.

For those of you who love beautiful photography please visit Megan's Etsy store here which showcases some of her work. We have some gorgeous pics of hers in our home, and they are quite stunning. Her work showcases the best of Virginia, the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and her new home of Michigan. I am so proud of her and her talent. Here's to a wonderful week together. (I already got the Bombay!)


Final and Most Profound of Weekend Epiphanies: On Monday, after a weekend of togetherness, Trey pulled me aside and whispered in my ear, "I don't know how you do it, the boys suck the life out of me." Thank you, thank you, thank you. This gift of recognition and acknowledgement was the best I have ever received.

2 comments:

Al-ass said...

Hey,
I just purchased the cabbage with the pink vein for my dinning room. Megan's photos as the best. I am really proud of her work! You know the picture will so go with my pink dinning room chairs!! Love ya and I so enjoy reading your blog!! Can't wait to see you back home again.
Love,
Al-ass

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

I hope you are having a good visit with your bestest friend...it is amazing how some of those early friendships that endure through the years can be the most meaningful (and necessary) to us (and still make us giggly and girly!) Have a great time together. And I did enjoy visiting Megan's shop...I will keep it on my favorites list. She's got a great eye and those would make great gifts.