Saturday, March 22, 2008

LCDR Wilson Takes Oath...Again.



I couldn't be more proud of my hubby! Yesterday he pinned on his other leaf...now he officially looks like a tree from the neck up.

I was truly inspired by the oath of office that each individual is asked to repeat when moving to the next rank. An oath is not something my husband takes lightly, and every word he repeated reverberated down to the core of his being.

I am so proud that my husband works so diligently to protect and defend those that work or have worked so hard to protect us and our freedoms.

THE OATH (with some artistic interpretations)

I, [the husband of Weasel and the father of the two goons], do solemnly swear, (or affirm,) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation (however, I cannot speak for my wife) or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. (So help me God.)